Scholarship Assistance is available through the Recreation Office.
Scholarship Guidelines for Applicants
The Bristol Recreation Department scholarship program was designed to help families and/or individuals with limited financial resources participate in Bristol Recreation Department programs. Scholarships may provide a percentage discount for families but will not cover the complete registration cost. The scholarship program is solely funded by donation and efforts and events of the Recreation Department and is not supported by tax dollars and varies each year.
We have limited scholarships available. Applicants will be chosen on first come first served basis.
- Requests for scholarships must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Need is the primary criterion upon which scholarships are considered. Accepted applicants are expected to pay at least 25% of the registration fee. You may be expected to pay up to 80% of the class fee. No full scholarships will be awarded.
- Approval of any scholarship application does not automatically register that person into the program of choice. Registration for any program is the responsibility of the family requesting assistance. All payments must be received prior to the registration deadlines.
How to Apply:
- Family must fall within the income guidelines for free or reduced lunch.
- Applicants who do not meet income standards, but who are still in need based on extenuating circumstances, may also apply.
- Grant funds are limited and will be awarded based on availability.
In return for scholarship awarded we request that all recipients’ families volunteer at one of Bristol Recreation Department’s fundraising events. Upon receipt of a scholarship you acknowledge your willingness to do so.
- Pick up a physical copy at the Bristol Recreation Department upstairs in Holley Hall